Deposits of Currency and Coins with Cash Receipt & Advance Deposit eDocs
- Cash deposits must be placed in a plastic cash transmittal bag. A deposit slip must be prepared. If you have a 3-part deposit slip, the white and yellow copies of the deposit slip are to be sealed inside the bag with the currency. The pink copy is detached from the rest of the deposit slip and is kept for your records. If you have a 2-part deposit slip, the white copy is to be sealed inside the bag with the currency. The yellow copy is detached and is kept for your records. It is recommended when depositing cash that two people verify the cash and that both people then initial the deposit slip.
- On the deposit slip, list the cash breakdown of the denominations. Two (2) adding machine tapes should also be attached to the deposit slips within the bags.
- Bulk coin deposits are deposits of coin exceeding $25 but no more than $500 in value, which should be placed in a special coin bag for deposit. These bags can be obtained from the Cashier’s Office (both UPC/HSC).
- Bulk coin deposits should be packaged separately using a separate deposit slip and should not exceed 50 pounds in weight.
- One Dollar Bills ($1.00) – 100 per strap: $100.00
- Five Dollar Bills ($5.00) – 100 per strap: $500.00
- Ten Dollar Bills ($10.00) – 100 per strap: $1,000.00
- Twenty Dollar Bills ($20.00) – 100 per strap: $2,000.00
- Fifty Dollar Bills ($50.00) – 40 per strap: $2,000.00
- One Hundred Dollar Bills ($100.00) – 20 per strap: $2,000.00
- Pennies – 50 coins per roll: $.50
- Nickels – 40 coins per roll: $2.00
- Dimes – 50 coins per roll: $5.00
- Quarters – 40 coins per roll: $10.00
- Half Dollars – 40 coins per roll: $20.00
Do not use tape, staples, rubber bands, or any media other than straps.
If you have questions or need further clarification on this or any other Banking procedure, we encourage your inquires by calling the Cashier’s Merchant Window at 213-740-2877 (UPC) or 323-442-3040 (HSC).