The Capital Asset Management System (CAMS) tracks and manages the University’s inventory of moveable and non-moveable capital assets, as well as non-capital items.
- Capital assets are defined as moveable equipment with an acquisition cost of $5,000 or more — including tax, freight, installation, accessories, and extended warranties — which has a useful life of more than one year and will depreciate in value over time.
- Non-capital assets do not depreciate over time and include items that may have been donated to the university, or acquired by it, such as art or antique furniture.
For more information, please visit the Equipment Management page on the Financial and Business Services website.
Kuali CAMS Access
Access to CAMS utilizes the same user roles and account-level permissions used elsewhere in the Kuali Financial System. To request access to CAMS, submit a KEW User Access Request form (see the User Access page of this website). If you need assistance with access, please contact the Office of the Comptroller at 213-821-1900.
Once a system user has been granted access to CAMS, they will be able to view and in some cases edit/update asset data using the following Capital Asset Management links, which are available in the Lookup and Maintenance section on the Financial Main Menu of KFS:
- Asset – This link presents an Asset Lookup screen that enables you to search for an asset’s information by Asset Number and Tag Number, and optionally to edit the recorded data for that asset.
- Asset Location Global – Use this link to access an editable document that enables you to change the Building and Room location of multiple assets at the same time.
- Asset Payment – This link presents an Asset Payment Lookup screen that enables you to search Asset Payment History by Purchase Order, Requisition Number, or eDoc number.
- Asset Payment Depreciation – Use this link to view an asset’s depreciation history.
- Asset Retirement Global – Use this link to access an editable document that enables you to retire one or more assets at the same time.
CAMS User Guide
For detailed documentation on how to look up, view, or edit asset information, please refer to the CAMS Lookup and Maintenance User Guide.
If you have additional questions regarding CAMS, visit the Equipment Management page on the Financial and Business Services website, or contact Equipment Management at email@example.com or 213-821-2880.